The Nau Undergraduate Scholarship is open to current UTSA undergraduate history students.
Up to 5 students will be selected as Nau Scholars to receive awards of $10,000 each for the academic year 2019-2020.
Recipients will also be eligible for in-state tuition.
• Recipients must be enrolled full-time (12 to 15 hours) during the fall semester of the award year. Recipients may be enrolled in fewer than 15 hours in the spring semester only if they are graduating in the spring and need fewer than 15 hours to graduate.
• Recommended minimum GPA of 3.0 (or 3.5 in the last thirty hours completed).
• Students must be a Junior (minimum 75 hours completed) at time of application and currently be enrolled in or have successfully completed HIS 2003 Historical Methods.
• Recipients must enroll in “Seminar in History” (HIS 4973) or "Honors Thesis" (HIS 4993) during award year or have completed the course prior to start of award year.
• Brief essay (700 words or less) discussing a book you have read in a college-level History course that has shaped your understanding of the past and inspired your interest in history.
• Writing sample of your academic work in History (e.g. book review, historiographic essay, research paper).
• 1-2 Letters of recommendation from UTSA History faculty (transfer students may use a faculty member from a previously attended college or university).
March 8, 2019
You can apply here: https://tinyurl.com/y9djz9ch
Main Office: MH 4.04.06
Department of History
University of Texas at San Antonio
College of Liberal and Fine Arts
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249-1644