The Nau Teaching Assistantship is open to students enrolled in the UTSA History M.A. Program (2019-2020).
5 Teaching Assistants will be selected to work up to 19 hours per week assisting faculty mostly in upper division history courses. The application will have a rolling deadline until all positions are filled.
Teaching assistants will receive $15,000 per year and will be eligible for in-state tuition rates.
Teaching Assistantships are available for students with scholarly interests in all areas of history.
• Applicants must have successfully completed HIS 5003 “Introduction to History: Theory and Methods.” It is recommended that applicants have taken HIS 5093 “Designing a History Course.”
• Recommended G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher in graduate history courses.
• Recipients must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours during the fall semester of the award year. Recipients may be enrolled in fewer than 6 hours in the spring semester only if they are graduating in the spring and need fewer than 6 hours.
• Teaching Assistants are required to attend all class meetings of the course to which they have been assigned and to hold regularly scheduled office hours.
• Brief essay in response to the following:
1. Describe your interest in and approach to teaching. In your response, please discuss the teaching style you found most effective as an undergraduate student as well as your previous academic or non-academic teaching experiences, if any. (1,000 words max.)
2. Please specify if you have an interest in the following areas of study: Texas History, Borderlands History, or Civil War Era.
3. Two letters of recommendation from UTSA History faculty members.
Application deadline is March 8, 2019. Evaluators will continue to accept applications past this date until all Assistantships are awarded.
You can apply here: https://tinyurl.com/y77bgqq4
Main Office: MH 4.04.06
Department of History
University of Texas at San Antonio
College of Liberal and Fine Arts
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249-1644